NHF have developed a 5-star plan for rural housing in consultation with housing associations.
The rural housing 5-star plan challenges the sector to increase delivery of rural housing and continue to contribute to a living and working countryside.
We consulted with members on the plan at the ‘Rural on the Road’ events and the feedback was very positive. The plan was officially launched at the Rural Housing Conference during Rural Housing Week in July 2017.
Rural housing 5-star plan
Housing associations will:
- Work with and for rural communities, in accordance with the Rural Alliance pledge
- Increase the current level of housing supply in rural communities by 6% per year for each of the next five years
- Bid for at least 10% of HCA investment to deliver new homes in rural areas
- Ensure that homes delivered benefit the local economy, including the farming and food economy
- Meet the needs of rural communities and contribute towards five key tenures as appropriate – homes for affordable rent, market rent, affordable home ownership, self-build and market sale.
For organisations and boards wishing to learn more, we have produced a brief document about the 5-star plan and each of its points.