The National Housing Federation has launched a campaign -Let’s Fix the Housing Crisis for Good, calling on the next government to commit to five priorities.
- building 145,000 social homes a year;
- setting up a building safety fund to cover the cost of making homes safe;
- establishing a ‘Great Places Fund’ to drive growth in left-behind places;
- delivering a new deal for social housing by responding to the long-delayed Social Housing Green Paper; and
- a “fair and effective” welfare system through improvements to the controversial Universal Credit.
The campaign will include a week of action, starting on 25 November.