Today, the Government launched its Charter for Social Housing Residents (the long-awaited White Paper).
Some of the new requirements/changes include:
- A ‘new arm’ of the Regulator of social housing to proactively regulate consumer standards including quality of homes, repairs, meaningful engagement with tenants and complaints handling.
- A set of tenant satisfaction measures for tenants
- A nominated person responsible for landlord compliance with consumer standards and safety
- A requirement to improve tenant engagement
- A government review of the Decent Homes Standard to include Energy Efficiency
- New ASB signposting and
- An expectation for tenants to access key information from their landlord
- This is a great start for greater accountability to residents
Save the Date – 8th December – Tenant Unconference – keep an eye on the events page – we will be sharing all this detail then